Monday, February 7, 2011

My First Blog

Hey everybody this is my first attempt at writing a blog. Anyone who knows me knows that computers are not really my thing. In an attempt to share my experiences as a bilateral amputee and perhaps help another similar person or to receive helpful advice from someone in a similar position, I am writing this blog. I was speaking to my nephew this morning and was explaining to him that someday I would like to write a book about my experiences as an amputee. He suggested I start a blog about what has happened to me and how I have subsequently handled it. So here we are.

Everyday is a challenge for me now. I lost my right leg in July 2008 and amazingly I seemed to adjust to rather well, at least according to most other people's opinions. People say to me "you're amazing" or "you have such a great attitude" well, do I really? I feel that I just do what I feel I should and what I feel I am capable of doing, that's all, nothing more nothing less. Is that so amazing?

I remember when I first lost my right leg and I decided to go back to the gym. I had not received my prosthetic leg yet, but I was sick of sitting around the house, meanwhile losing my muscle tone. So off to the gym I went, of course the managers and fellow members were very happy to see me after having been gone for three monthes. I was astounded at the reception I received. Thus began my reintroduction to working out, only this time I didn't have a right leg, at least then.

I think I will close this blog for now as I hope I have peeked your interest enough for now. I am curious to see what, if any feedback, I will receive. Until next time, keep your feet planted on solid ground, if you have any that is. Glenn

2 comments:

  1. Dear Glenn (Redwood),

    You don't give yourself enough credit for having made this journey and continuing to press on. You are a very courageous soul and I am so proud to be your friend.

    love Maple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every morning when I get up and begin to think of a thousand reasons not to pack my gym back I think of the drive and determination you have and it gives me the strength I need to keep at it...Thank you!

    Justin

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments here: